Continuing Medical Education Home
AMA PRA Credit System
Recognizing physicians' participation in educational activities - What physicians should know about the AMA PRA Credit System
Did you know that you can direct apply for Category 1 CME Credit for continuing education activities including:
- Faculty may claim two AMA PRA Category 1 Credits for each hour they present at a live activity designated for such credit. Credit may be claimed in 15 minute or .25 credit increments.
- ABMS member-board certification, re-certification and/or maintenance of certification
- Poster presentations for a conference designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
- Publishing articles as a lead author
- Manuscript review (for journals)
- Medically related advanced degrees
- Test item writing
For more details, go to http://www.med.illinois.edu/cme/AMA_PRA_Credit_System.pdf.
Click here for the American Medical Association Direct Credit Application for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.