- Introduction to Clinical Medicine
- Clinical Microbiology and Immunology
- Clinical Pathophysiology
- Medical Imaging
- Administrative Policies
- Promotions Policy
- Step 1 Lab Values
- Study Spaces
Professional Identity Formation
LCE Writing Responses
Objectives:To provide a time to respond after specific patient encounters on various topics encountered during your LCE sessions.
Assignments:There will be 2 topics per semester where the student will be asked to submit a writing assignment of 2-3 paragraphs responding to a patient encounter on a specific topic. The faculty facilitator will use the submissions from the small group and facilitate a discussion during one of the small group lecture times. Format for the responsive writing is as follows:
WHAT: Describe an encounter with a patient that is pertinent to the topic.
WHY: Explain why the encounter was pertinent.
REFLECT: Explain how you felt about the encounter; how the patient may have felt about the encounter; how others may have felt about the encounter (family members, staff, preceptor, etc.)
NOW WHAT: Explain how this encounter may change how you approach this topic in the future.
- Describe an encounter where it was difficult to develop patient rapport.
- Describe an encounter with a patient where there was a low level of health literacy. How did you determine that?
- Describe a situation in which there were obstacles for a patient to receive quality care.
- Describe a patient encounter where the importance of the medical home was seen.
EVALUATION – Each responsive writing will be worth 1% in the LCE portion of your grade. If turned in late, you will get no credit for this assignment.