Clinical Simulation Center
Clincal Simulation Center
Our MissionThe Mission of the UIUC College of Medicine Clinical Simulation Center is to provide students with a safe learning experience that advances clinical skills, communication skills, patient safety, and clinical outcomes, by integrating medical simulation based teaching practices into the educational curriculum for all students.
- To make the student's simulated experience educational and enlightening through immersion in case scenarios that are designed to help the students develop problem solving and decision making skills.
- To improve patient safety by assessing student performance of history taking skills, physical exam skills, and communication skills using evidence-based evaluation methods.
- To provide authentic experiences to prepare and assess learners using simulations with a variety of platforms and technologies.
- To sustain and continually improve a program of academic excellence using best practices for simulation based learning and assessment.
- To foster simulation research to improve health care education, processes and outcomes.
- To maintain an outstanding simulated patient program through recruiting, training and ensuring the highest standards in the use of simulated patients.
- To ensure high quality faculty and student satisfaction through transparency, communication, efficiency, and feedback.